Project Manager / Business Analyst
Boston, MA 02109
A leading financial services company in Boston, MA is seeking a Project Manager/Business Analyst to join their team. In this contract role, you will perform business analysis, research, and testing to support key business initiatives and maintain and implement products and solutions. You will operate as a key spokesperson for clients to ensure appropriate communication and follow through of activities. This position pays up to $40-50/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Project Manager/Business Analyst:
- Participate in evaluating requests using an ROI approach and perform a liaison function with clients/business units and technology teams
- Describe the business need and potential solution in terms that both business and technical teams can understand
- Understand the system architecture and functionality, and assess the feasibility of client requests and apply the features of the various products as applicable
- Compose business requirement documents, use cases, issue logs, project status documents, scope change documents, mapping specifications, test plans, test cases, scope statements, and business cases
- Participate in industry and professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends, and best practices
- Assist in the development of case studies to communicate to division, sales representatives, and other clients how company's products solve client workflow issues
- Contribute to client and marketing presentations to demonstrate company's technological capabilities and technology strategy
- Escalate budget and/or change of scope variances as appropriate
- Provide cost estimates, based on input from the technology team, to the business sponsors for the proposed solution
- Using an ROI approach, work with the business areas to recommend how to move forward to achieve business goals
- BA/BS degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years related work experience
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience preferred
- Solid understanding of custody operations and fund accounting workflows
- Experience applying project management principles, practices, tools and techniques, including business case development, ROI analysis, planning, scope and issues management, budgeting, and facilitation
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access; working knowledge of MS Project
- Demonstrated knowledge of SWIFT messaging, communication methods such as FTP and MQ, and other systems and Internet technologies
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.