Project Manager II
Waltham, MA 02451
A leading utilities company in Waltham, MA is seeking a Project Manager II to join their team. In this contract role, you will lead a specific portfolio of projects and/or project team within one area by securing and managing project resources. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Project Manager II:
- Monitor and control allocated project resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget
- Implement project tracking mechanisms to be able to provide timely and concise updates on project progress to senior management and key stakeholders highlighting areas of risk and capturing key decisions
- Assist in identifying potential conflicts in use of resources and other project scheduling issues and propose solutions and corrective actions to overcome the obstacles
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders such as consultants, procurement, and the business teams in order to share best practice, identify potential new projects and liaise with other working areas during project progression
- Oversee the operational workload of the project team ensuring allocated staff are fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed project schedule
- Challenge existing project processes, technologies and systems to continuously seek ways to do things better in order to achieve department and business objectives and drive greater efficiencies for the business
- Lead, motivate and develop assigned project resources, prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and customer/business objectives
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including the necessary approvals and permits where relevant, so that an accurate record exists for review and regulatory purposes
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience managing projects
- Project and/or financial reporting experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of project management fundamentals and project management practices
- Knowledge of operational systems and processes related to their area of project work
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Strong MS Office suite, project management software skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.