Waltham, MA 02451
A top utilities company in Waltham, MA is seeking a Project Manager to join their team. In this contract role you will be responsible for establishing the framework for program management and support program objectives and deliverables. You will also lead strategy planning and execution that maximizes achievement of near-term team objectives and long term strategic initiatives. The Project Manager will partner with internal clients and project teams to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, budget and schedule. This position pays $55 Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Project Manager:
- Monitor and review work undertaken across several small to medium scale programs or a large complex program to ensure appropriate use of resources and adherence to schedules
- Promote and implement procedural best practice to ensure all working practices are compliant with policies and regulatory requirements
- Challenge and advise teams to help understand the impact of existing policies, processes and ways of working on contractors and on financial performance
- Monitor monthly resource levels, resource predictions, performance and plan progress to enable analysis of key themes and trends
- Report and communicate the KPIs and KPI trends for the project delivery process
- Identify process inefficiencies, opportunities and failures and work closely with the functional teams to develop solutions
- Manage the overall portfolio of projects as well as personally manage the delivery of project deliverables during the year
- Manage communication with stakeholders directly and indirectly impacted by changes to the contract delivery process
- Work with business units, sponsors and champions to translate objectives into well-defined requirements with clearly defined business cases to support program aims and innovation
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to share best practice, drive consistency in resource planning and ensure timely delivery of projects
Requirements for the Project Manager:
- Bachelor’ s Degree with a minimum of 5 years experience including experience as a program manager or project manager
- Excellent knowledge of the Operations Supervision environment
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in program management principles, tools and techniques
- Experience of managing the work of multi-functional or diverse teams, demonstrates taking specific actions to enable the team to function efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Project management software knowledge a plus. (Microsoft Project or P6) and other relevant company IT systems
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.