ROI Record Abstractor
Somerville, MA 02145
A prominent healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking an ROI Record Abstractor to respond to third party payer requests, appeals, denials, QIO, Mass Health, RAC and fulfill them on a timely basis. If you have experience working in the health information management field, apply today!
Responsibilities for the ROI Record Abstractor:
- Understand and enforce hospital confidentiality policies and procedures
- Review requests to determine completeness and validity of authorization
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of third party payer billing requirements to support services billed
- Produce computer-generated PHI from legacy and/or PeC applications
- Coordinate the retrieval of site specific applicable joint venture records required for audit.
- Effectively utilize CAS, Cobius, Cobius-esMD, LMR, Huron, Xclaim, MUSE, secure delivery server, fax server, Adobe, archiving system, scanning documents, merging files, etc.
- Acquire and maintain a strong working knowledge of the secure delivery server and fax server functionality
- Examine records to be released and/or audited to ensure required and complete documentation is available for review on the due date
- Schedule on-site audit appointments based on appropriate staffing and secures available space to conduct the audit as needed
- Coordinate the electronic submission of PHI to ensure due dates are met.
- Prepare and coordinate the delivery of PHI via FedEx/UPS/US Mail or via the secure delivery server electronically to recipient
- Enter and fulfill all requests in the PeC application for tracking purposes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in the Health Information Management field
- 1-2 years experience preferred.
- Understand the components of a medical record, including how a record is maintained and organized
- General understanding of reimbursement and billing compliance requirements
- General knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations related to the disclosure of protected health information preferred
- Experience working with Epic clinical and/or financial applications preferred
- Self motivated and able to manage time in a busy office environment with interruptions
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Competent in Adobe, Outlook, Word and Excel tools and other related computer applications)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.