Reconciliation Specialist - $21/hr
Needham, MA 02494
Our client in the healthcare industry in Needham, MA is seeking a Reconciliation Specialist to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Reconciliation Specialist:
- Post payments to clients’ accounts and maintain and access client files and payment information
- Process all credit card payments, send receipts, and follow up with patients as needed
- Resolve unsubstantiated payment rejections; resolve any discrepancies with patient information by utilizing internal/external resource systems
- Pull explanation of benefits statements (EOBS) for refunds to insurance companies and patients
- Post denials to patient accounts and put in for proper write-offs for management to adjust
- Send appeals on underpaid accounts to insurance companies
- Maintain patient accounts for updates in patient information and billing inquiries
- Enter notes on all patient accounts any time an action is taken, especially for canceled claims, rebills, adjustments, etc.
- Answer incoming phone calls; provide customer service to patients and accept over the phone credit card payments
- High School Diploma or general educational development credential
- Willingness to learn the basic duties, procedures and standards for performing the job of Reconciliation Specialist successfully
- Willingness to acquire the communication skills necessary for good customer service
- Willingness to be flexible and learn additional functions
- Basic knowledge of insurance claim and medical billing process
- Basic knowledge of computer operations
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.