Referral/Patient Service Coordinator
A healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking a Referral/Patient Service Coordinator to join their team. In this contract role, you will work closely with the management team in coordinating day to day activities. You will perform tasks independently, ensuring department operation requirements are delivered by continuously monitoring workflows, delegating assignments and work to team members which include referral worklists and work queues, registration creation and correction, exception work queues, account validation, inbound and outbound call function monitoring and supporting cross-coverage needs of the Registration Department. Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Referral/Patient Service Coordinator:
- Assist with orienting, training and coaching new team members, temporary staff and with staff skill improvement training
- Mentor all existing team members and assists in identifying re-training subject matter
- Monitor and prioritize work by utilizing and coordinating staff resources to the fullest capacity; adjusts workloads when necessary according to department priorities and volumes
- Trouble-shoot and research patient referral issues and determines cause and provides resolution
- Provide feedback to the manager regarding team performance, systems and process issues
- Identify opportunities to improve the patient referral process as a means to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of workflow and resource use
- Respond to escalated patient calls. Investigates and resolves patient complaints, questions and concerns
- Crosstrain current staff on entity specific referral processing
- Work with Registration Managers to coordinate staff resources when intra-department cross coverage is needed
- Champion and assist department management with the implementation of department and company’ s goals, objectives, policies, and priorities; establishing appropriate service, staffing levels, and allocation of resources accordingly
- Provide team member specific job performance evaluation feedback to the Referral Manager
- Participate in special projects
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- 3+ years, Patient Access Services experience in a hospital or ambulatory setting with in-depth knowledge and experience with front end registration and referral processing
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Ability to work and make decisions in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Proficient with office software packages such as word processing and spreadsheets including Epic and Huron
- Good analytical ability to identify, investigate, analyze and resolve production issues
- Ability to meet production deadlines and goals in high volume, fast paced environment with critical quality standards
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Work independently within a team environment
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy Policies
- Adaptability and flexibility in an ever-changing work environment
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship