Our client in Boston, MA is looking to hire a Referral Specialist. In this contract role, you will be working with leadership to establish effective policies while also educating and training administrative assistants in the area of referral management and pre-registration. If you have a high school diploma or equivalent and a strong work ethic, Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Referral Specialist:
- Work with leadership to establish and maintain effective policies and procedures
- Ensure that all required managed care referrals for patient visits have been obtained or that a waiver is signed
- Serve as primary resource on all departmental managed care matters
- Represent the practice on hospital based Referral and Registration Operations committees
- Act as a liaison between the practice and the managed care office and committees
- Educate and train administrative assistants and practice assistants in the area of Referral Management and pre-registration
- Participate in administrative staff meetings reporting statistical referral management and pre-registration measurements and indicators and communicating referral management information
Requirements for the Referral Specialist:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.