Residential Loan Opener
Waltham, MA 02451
A leading bank in Waltham, MA is seeking an entry level candidate for their open role as a Residential Loan Opener. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for disclosing all mortgage and home equity loans and lines for new applications. You will work closely with Loan Analysts to ensure each loan file is prepared for its next milestone within the loan origination system. Apply today!
Compensation: Starting at $40K
Responsibilities for the Residential Loan Opener:
- Issue disclosure documents for mortgage and home equity loans/lines received from customer applications
- Complete loan file milestone for each application, including but not limited to, ordering flood, verification of employment, obtaining real estate tax information and customer concentration of credit
- Responsible for ordering title insurance and real estate appraisals which may require follow up with vendor relationship
- Review investor ineligible list for closing attorney, appraiser and condo projects
- Review company’ s Insider/Non-Insider list
- Complete the borrower information worksheet for all refinances
- Complete all prior to closing verification of employments
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers
- Contribute to the effective team management of all bank problems, issues and opportunities
- High school diploma
- 1+ years working in a loan processing, closing, servicing or underwriting environment
- Knowledge of mortgage and consumer loan products
- Knowledge of federal and local regulations or ordinances concerning lending activities
- Good analytical skills
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.