Senior Accountant - Contract, Benefits Offered
Cambridge, MA 02140
A prominent Cambridge, MA based market research company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. In this contract role, a successful candidate should be familiar with revenue recognition criteria under US GAAP as well as have experience in preparing account reconciliations. Apply today!
Compensation: $40 /hr
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant- Revenue and Audit:
- Audit daily revenue transactions
- Partner with product teams to track and fulfill revenue delivery by order
- Perform analyses to ensure subsidiary revenue reporting is compliant with ASC 606 and company’ s revenue recognition policies
- Maintain documentation within Salesforce to support proper revenue recognition for each revenue transaction
- Review contracts for proper accounting in accordance with ASC 606 and company’ s revenue recognition policies
- Calculate revenue impact resulting from contract changes and terminations
- Participate in ad HOC projects / revenue analyses as requested
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work under constant deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- High attention to detail and process orientation in thinking and behavior
- Solid understanding of revenue recognition criteria under US GAAP
- Experience preparing account reconciliations
- Prior experience with Salesforce and PeopleSoft is a plus
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.