Newton, MA 02465
Our client in Newton, MA is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. In this contract role, you will report directly to the Finance Manager and work closely with the CFO, Finance Manager, Administrators and Human Resources. Your responsibilities will also include accounts payable, payroll administration and general accounting. This position pays up to $30+/hr – apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant:
- Manage the payroll process, including communication between the CFO, Human Resources and the Administrative staff to verify authorization of staff status changes and ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Work closely with Human Resources, verify all employee deductions are managed correctly, including health insurance, childcare, STD LTD & Life, H.S.A., and 403B
- Support Human Resources in managing and processing the 403B program maintaining accurate records, and printing a pre-check report for the CFO to approve prior to processing
- Oversee all accounts payable functions
- Complete various special projects assigned by the CFO and other assigned tasks to support Business Office operations
- Prepare journal entries for payroll reclassifications to UFRs and payroll accruals
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including for example, accrued payroll, accrued payroll taxes, and accrued expenses
- Work with summer program directors on the extended year program budget to accurately book payroll by UFR and expenses
- Prepare daily deposits and bank runs
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting preferred
- 4 years of accounting experience, preferably in a special needs school or educational environment
- Knowledgeable in accounting standards, principles and practices relevant to work requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with excellent oral and written skills
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to collaborate and work closely with others
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to maintain confidential records
- Requires a strong work ethic in a mission based environment
- PC proficient, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship