Senior Administrative Assistant
A top university in Boston, MA is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide advanced administrative support directly to a senior level administrator such as a Director, or Chair. Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Senior Administrative Assistant:
- Respond to verbal and e-mail inquiries using an in-depth understanding of the University policies and procedures
- Provide explanations and instructions
- Arrange and manage travel
- Plan, execute, and coordinate high-profile events
- Attend high-level meetings and record and distribute minutes after approval
- Maintain calendars for senior staff, including making complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties
- Manage all reimbursements, tracking and reconciling department accounts, ensuring accurate and timely payments
- Responsible for all purchases in the department including maintaining disbursement files for both restricted and unrestricted accounts and perform expense analysis
- Update department manual and documented procedures to reflect changes in systems
- Research purchase requests, order and process requests
- Develop an Excel spreadsheet to track reimbursements
- Process journal entries to correct erroneous GL codes
- Develop a system for tracking contracts and invoices
- Assist in the development of office filing and organizational procedures
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis with discretion and judgment
- Greet guests and others as they arrive in the department
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship