Senior Human Resources Generalist
Cambridge, MA 02138
Our prominent higher education client in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will serve as the main HR contact for employees and provide support to all of the on-campus offices. If you have a bachelor’ s degree and three to five years of HR experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Senior HR Generalist:
- Manage the relationship with vendors and brokers and stay current on all details of the College employment benefits programs
- Serve as primary point of contact for employee questions related to benefits, payroll, policies, and other HR programs.
- Day to day implementation of policies and programs, covering several areas including recruiting, training, employee relations, and engagement
- Ensure consistent interpretation and administration of company policies and procedures
- Provide counsel and direction to employees and managers in order to address employment-related matters; Conducts investigations in response to formal complaints
- Assist management with disciplinary and separation processes, partnering with HR leader on complex disciplinary issues and all separations
- Conduct employee on-boarding and orientation and ensure processes are being conducted using
- Participate in the execution of the College’ s training program
Requirements for the Senior HR Generalist:
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Three to five years of HR experience
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.