Senior Payroll Coordinator - $30/hr
Boston, MA 02110
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a Senior Payroll Coordinator to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be processing the company’ s payroll-related functions, including payroll processing, and recording. If you have three to five years of experience in processing payroll via a payroll system, apply today!
- Responsibilities for the Senior Payroll Coordinator:
- Perform all activities necessary to process multi-state (20 + states) bi-weekly payroll, including maintaining time and attendance records, tax reporting/records
- Use payroll software (ADP) with accuracy and efficiency to distribute paychecks
- Prepares payroll journal entries including monthly accruals
- Maintain current knowledge of state and federal payroll tax laws and regulations, and update practices and systems accordingly; provide in-house expertise.
- Implements and maintains payroll process and procedures for proper internal controls
- Provide reports and schedules for financial, insurance, and regulatory audits.
- Develop and provide ad-hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Processes special checks, off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as necessary
Requirements for the Senior Payroll Coordinator:
- Three to five years of experience in processing payroll for 1, 500+ employees via a payroll system
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Experience with ADP payroll preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.