Senior Reconciliation Analyst - Investments
Boston, MA 02210
A leading investment management company in Boston, MA is seeking a Senior Reconciliation Analyst to join their team. In this contract role, you will have oversight of outsourced vendors; be responsible for execution of the reconciliation process for client accounts that cannot be outsourced; and manage high priority exceptions requiring escalation with custodians. This position pays up to $45/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Senior Reconciliation Analyst:
- Compare the results of transaction, position, market value exceptions escalated and identify the root cause of those exceptions
- Follow through on exception resolution with client custodians and internal teams for exceptions
- Develop robust knowledge of data, accounting practices and security representation and how these interact with external parties
- Evaluate the recon vendor exception identification process and suggest improvements and changes that reduce risk and exception volume
- Be actively involved with IT to define and improve technology solutions, including participating in UAT
- Document running rules, procedures and establish policies for exception resolution with the recon vendor and/or the internal Wellington teams
- Assist in regulatory and audit queries
- Remain flexible with own job responsibilities and help define the evolving roles within the team
Requirements for the Senior Reconciliation Analyst:
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 5 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in portfolio or fund accounting role
- Experience working with, and accounting for, derivatives and synthetic exposures, fixed income and a broad knowledge of capital markets
- Excel - look-up, pivot tables and if/else statements SQL
- Inquisitive and comfortable challenging the status quo
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.