Sr. Collections Analyst
Waltham, MA 02451
Our client is a full-service financial institution with approximately $5 billion in assets and a huge advocate for the residents and businesses in their community. Due to growth, they are seeking a Senior Collector with credit union or banking experience. They offer top benefits, bonus and this role is 100% remote to start.
- Provide a customer centric service experience while working to ensure the customer’ s financial wellbeing.
- Communicate with delinquent borrowers to obtain late payments, using various means of contact such as letters and telephone call
- Identify, prepare and report Deposit Account charge offs for internal processing in the Core system.
- Manages the State Regulated Right to Cure (35A) and Right to Request a Modified Mortgage Loan (35B) letters as required under Massachusetts Law.
- Works with the Collection Manager to identify borrowers that may be experiencing financial hardship and request the appropriate financial information. Pre-underwrite, using underwriting procedures, the loan to qualify borrower for a loan workout, modification or Deed in Lieu.
- Monitors loans in Bankruptcy (Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcies), delinquent Mortgages and Equity Loans insured by PMI Companies. Report the status of these loans monthly to each of these agencies under the Insurer Guidelines.
- Partners with the Collection Manager to manage all aspects of investor (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHLB.) loan portfolio, such as monthly delinquency reporting & loan modifications, in compliance with each investors guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring delinquent Mortgage, Equity and Consumer Loans, works with borrowers to create valid repayment plans in order to bring the loan to a current status.
- High school education.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a loan processing, closing, servicing or underwriting environment.
- Complete knowledge of mortgage loan products, preferably CSB products.
- Good communication and customer service skills are required.
- A strong understanding of Secondary market guidelines such as; FNMA, FHLMC and approved Investors.