Staff Accountant - $25/hr
Boston, MA 02109
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will assist with the processing of all transactions in the A/P and A/R cycle, including vendor payables and event related receivables. You will also actively participate in month-end and year-end closing reconciliation activities and ensure adherence to the agency's accounting and internal control policies and procedures. If you have an interest in working for the government and have strong customer service skills, apply today!
Compensation: $25/hr temp and $55K perm
Responsibilities for the Staff Accountant:
- Assist with the processing of various types of transactions in the A/P and A/R cycle, including vendor payables and event related receivables
- Maintain necessary filing and related records in manner consistent with Accounting department guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensure efficient process/document flow, accurate accounting of expenditures and/or revenues, and quick resolution of issues
- Prepare 1099 filings, abandoned property procedures, and other similar tax or regulatory requirements
- Ensure proper month-end cut-off of revenues and expenditures and with year-end audit and financials
- Support the processing and reconciliation of fixed assets monthly and annually
- Complete procedural steps to support the oversight and review of monthly accrual and transaction journals, including reconciling A/P and A/R accounts to the General Ledger
- Bachelor’ s in Accounting with 5 years’ experience in an accounting department preferred
- Strong working knowledge of A/P, A/R and general ledger processing
- Strong work ethic and a great team player
- Demonstrates proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Possesses strong attention to detail and can handle extremely confidential information
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses excellent computer skills; most notably is proficient with MS Excel and Word and has experience with using financial and accounting applications
- Demonstrates comfort in operating in strong control environment
- Act with diligence in responsive and transparent adherence to Finance Department policies and accounting standards
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.