Boston, MA 02210
A law firm in Boston, MA is seeking an enthusiastic Staff Accountant to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for month end accounting including Cash Reconciliations, General ledger / Disbursement, and other ad-hoc projects. The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager. This position pays $24 - $26/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Staff Accountant:
- Create and maintain account reconciliations daily for attorneys’ staff and for month end close
- Maintain supporting schedules for the month-end close and assist with the preparation of the project financials
- Record monthly journal entries for the financial close
- Assist with the implementation of various NetSuite projects where applicable
- Assist in the creation/development of financing packages for lenders for projects that are in construction
- Support the AR/AP functions as needed
- Perform Ad-hoc projects as requested by management
Requirements for the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- Experience working for a law firm is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.