Boston, MA 02109
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a Staff Accountant to assist with the processing of all transactions in the A/P and A/R cycle, including vendor payables and event related receivables. In this contract-to-hire role you will provide a high level of customer service to internal and external constituents as well as ensure adherence to the agency's accounting policies and procedures. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Staff Accountant:
- Assist with the processing of various types of transactions in the A/P and A/R cycle
- Maintain necessary filing and related records in manner consistent with the accounting department guidelines
- Work closely with department managers, event managers, and customer service to ensure efficient process/document flow
- Process necessary steps to prepare 1099 filings, abandoned property procedures, and other similar tax or regulatory requirements
- Work with other Accounting team members to ensure proper month-end cut-off of revenues and expenditures
- Support the processing and reconciliation of fixed assets monthly and annually
- Completes procedural steps to support the oversight and review of monthly accrual and transaction journals
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- 5 years experience in an accounting department preferred
- Strong working knowledge of A/P, A/R and general ledger processing required
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Possess strong attention to detail and can handle extremely confidential information
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate comfort in operating in strong control environment
- Act with diligence in responsive and transparent adherence to Finance Department policies and accounting standards
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week