Boston, MA 02109
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking Staff Accountant to join their team. If you’ re looking for a contract accounting role with a company located right in the heart of downtown Boston, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Staff Accountant:
- Monitor payment collections, and liaising, management and reconciliation with third party contractors
- Set up and update customer account receivable
- Reconcile revenue collected through the fulfillment of monthly orders and shipments
- Set up and monitor customer remittance methodologies and monitoring of customer balances to maximize Authority cash flow and maintenance of appropriately aged receivables
- Audit and reconcile the daily cashbook, checks, and cashbook payments to check register
- Prepare monthly summary cashbook, transportation revenue summaries and related general journal entries for each period; prepare source documents for any adjustments thereto
- Record and prepare forms from other revenue sources such as parking facilities and other fees; bill non-highway gas and diesel taxes to the Commonwealth
- Perform all functions relative to Work-in-Process
- Assist in the preparation of the Treasurer Controller’ s budgetary requirements on a periodic basis
- Assist directors and supervisors in the preparation of the audit schedules and disclosure summaries
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.