A top healthcare facility in Southborough, MA is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will assist the controller in preparation of financial statements for all affiliated companies.
This organization provides a superior environment to its staff that supports professional growth and development. If converted to a permanent position, benefits are generous and include health, dental, 401k and tuition reimbursement. The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience as a staff accountant or auditor and a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting. Don't let this lucrative opportunity pass you by - apply today!
Responsibilities for the Staff Accountant:
- Maintain general ledger accrual based accounting system for multiple corporations on a monthly basis
- Assist Controller with annual audit with outside CPA firms and assists with other third party audits
- Assist in preparing general ledger, trial balances and financial statements for multiple corporations on a monthly basis
- Prepare reconciliations of all material balance sheet accounts on an ongoing basis to support financial reports as assigned
- Prepare supporting schedule for financial statements including, but not limited to, payroll and cash receipts detail; reports and schedules required for cost report and audit preparation
- Assist Controller with other projects as needed
Requirements for the Staff Accountant:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a staff accountant/auditor
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.