Strategic Sourcing Specialist III
Waltham, MA 02451
A leading utilities company in Waltham, MA is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join their team on a contract basis. This role is available for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Apply today for this excellent contract role!
Responsibilities for the Strategic Sourcing Specialist:
- Category Management, such as: working with Stakeholders to establish clear business needs; managing the delivery of savings targets; maximizing contract values, tracking and reviewing its benefits; holding suppliers to account for delivery using performance data and quarterly business reviews; establishing a negotiation plan with clarity of desired outcomes, leveraging specialist support where appropriate
- Procurement Process Management and Improvement, such as: identifying the appropriate supplier performance measurements; improving process efficiency; obtaining Six Sigma Green Belt or PEx equivalent
- Systems and Analytics, such as: building quantitative models and support decision making; evaluating and applying the concept of total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Market and Supplier Development, such as: proactively identifying how business needs may be met through alternative country sourcing; developing a basic understanding of supplier landscape, risks, and benefits in 1-2 global markets
Requirements for the Strategic Sourcing Specialist:
- Bachelor’ s Degree (B.A or B.S.) in supply chain, finance or business management required
- C.P.M or equivalent certifications preferred
- MBA, MS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management Strong working knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Ariba & P2P systems required.
- An equivalent combination of education and extensive subject matter expertise along with procurement process experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education requirements listed above.
- Proficiency in planning, collaboration, and analysis.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and extract valuable information
- Solid understanding of criteria for alternative country sourcing
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship