Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Waltham, MA 02451
A dynamic and fast-paced utilities company in Waltham, MA is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join their team due to recent transformations within the company. This is a contract role where you will support the company’ s sourcing activities for Corporate Services Indirect Spend, Corporate Travel. This position offers promotional opportunities - apply today!
Responsible for records in all offices. Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Strategic Sourcing Specialist:
- Manage and administer contracts for corporate services/indirect spend across the organization
- Maintain policies and systems and provide analysis regarding corporate services and indirect spend
- Establish clear business needs, apply forward thinking skills to set long term category strategies
- Execute operationally, complex sourcing activities and manage the delivery of savings targets
- Maximize contract values, track and review its benefits
- Encourage and reward performance by suppliers
- Hold suppliers to account for delivery using performance data and strategic business reviews (SBRs)
- Establish a negotiation plan with clarity of desired outcomes, leveraging specialist support where appropriate
- Involve stakeholders in negotiation preparations and events
- Identify the appropriate supplier performance measurements (KPIs)
- Identify ways to build and improve on existing processes
- Improve process efficiency by 5-10% over a 6-12 month period
- Obtain Six Sigma Green Belt or PEx equivalent
- Demonstrate ability in working with multiple ERP systems: SAP, Oracle, Spend Analytics
- Evaluate and apply the concept of total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Identify how business needs may be met through alternative country sourcing
- Bachelor’ s Degree (B.A or B.S.) in supply chain, IT, finance or business management required. C.P.M or equivalent certifications preferred. MBA, MS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Ariba & P2P systems required
- Understanding of sourcing processes, able to implement more than one option: RFX, e-sourcing or pooling
- Understanding of most contract terms and able to craft terms with legal and management support
- 7-Step Sourcing Process knowledge
- Understand the broad range of environmental and social sustainability reporting
- Understanding of criteria for alternative country sourcing
- Understanding of supplier landscape, risks, and benefits in 1-2 global markets
- Experience in: category management, supplier relationship management, commercial negotiations, procurement process management and improvement, systems and analytics, market supplier development and a clear, working knowledge of current industry trends
- Industry knowledge in any of the following categories would be beneficial: Regulatory, Global Travel, Financial Services, Insurance, Call Centers and Public Relations and Internal Auditing
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship