Newton , MA 02462
A leading medical facility in Newton, MA is seeking a Unit Coordinator to join their team. In this contract role, you will coordinate the activities essential to the effective functioning of the patient care unit. Apply today!
Day/Evening Shift Rotating Hours (40 HOURS):
- 7am-3: 30pm
- 3pm-11: 30pm
- Maintain company standards of behavior while working toward accomplishing the hospital goals of acknowledging customers; introducing self; explaining situation and answering questions in a warm and welcoming manner
- Greet, direct, and assist all persons arriving on the unit; answer phone; and receive and relay messages
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment assuring a positive first impression of the area
- Identify opportunities for improvement and provides service recovery as appropriate
- Demonstrate competence in all software systems in use on the assigned unit
- Act as liaison between the unit and other departments
- Facilitate transfers to other facilities
- Transcribe physician orders appropriately, accurately, and in a timely fashion
- Order supplies and equipment; maintain designated par levels of supplies
- Perform clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and transfer of patients
- Maintain patient medical records
- Ensure supplies and medications, once received on the unit, are given to the RN or are stored safely and securely
- Demonstrate knowledge of emergency codes/procedures and intervenes as appropriate to the role
- Assist with the orientation of new employees
- Serve as a resource to staff, volunteers, physicians, and students
Requirements for the Unit Coordinator:
- Epic experience
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding and medical terminology preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Previous clerical/secretarial experience in a health care setting
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.